2014 Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Women’s Playing Rules
- Tournament rules will be I.S.F.
- Team Rosters: The Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch will be using an expanded roster of 25 players. This is an elite invitational tournament. We welcome the best female fastpitch players in the world. There is no residency or citizenship rule in effect. Players may play in more than one Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Championship. They may be on a Women’s Team Roster as well as a Futures Gold Roster, subject to the age eligibility criteria; however they may not be on more than one Women’s Team Roster (they must be on either a Women’s International or Women’s Elite Team Roster, not both). Any players playing in more than one Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Championship must be registered on both rosters before the commencement of the tournament.
- Designated Player Rule will be used as follows:
- A "Designated Player" referred to as a "DP", may be used for any player, provided that it is made known prior to the start of the game and her name is indicated on the line-up sheet or score sheet as one of the nine hitters in the batting order. The starting "DP" may re-enter one time as long as she goes back into the position in the batting order that she occupied when she left the game.
- The starting player listed as the "DP" must remain in the same position in the batting order for the entire game. The "DP" and her substitute or replacement can never play offense at the same time.
- The "DP" may be substituted for at any time either by a pinch hitter, pinch runner or the defensive player being hit for. If the "DP" is replaced on offense by the person being hit for (No.10 in the batting order) or by a substitute, the "DP" is considered to have left the game and she may re-enter one time as long as she returns to her original position in the batting order.
- Rule 3: Section 6A MASKS: All catchers must wear a mask, throat protector and helmet. Catchers (or members of the defensive team) are required to wear a mask, throat protector and helmet while receiving warm-up pitches from the pitching plate, or in the warm-up area.
- Tie-Breaker Rule: Starting in the top of the eighth inning and each 1/2 inning, thereafter, the offensive team shall begin its turn at bat, with the player who is scheduled to bat last in their respective half inning being placed on second base. The player who is running can be substituted in accordance to substitution rules.
* Rules are subject to change without notice.