2014 Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Showcase Playing Rules
- Tournament rules will be I.S.F. unless otherwise stated.
- Roster Size: The Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch International Championship will be using an expanded roster of 20 players. This is an elite invitational tournament. We welcome the best female fastpitch players in the world. There is no residency or citizenship rule in effect. We request that final rosters are submitted at the Coaches Technical Meeting on Friday, July 11 (Showcase Select) or Sunday, July 13, 2014 (Showcase Gold). It is MANDATORY that final rosters are turned into the Games Control Supervisor at the pre-game coin toss, 30 minutes prior to the first tournament game and no changes will be accepted after this point. Showcase Gold or Select players may NOT play in more than one Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Championship. PICKUPS: Pickups only from same classification or lower.
- Eligibility and Age Restrictions: Eligible players MUST be born in 1997 or more recently. Players born in 1996 or earlier are NOT eligible to participate. Players must carry proof of age in the form of a passport, birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other recognized government identification. Photocopies of proof of age documents are sufficient to meet this requirement. Teams may be asked to present this information to tournament officials.
- A.S.A pitching rule will be permitted. Pitching distance will be 40 feet.
- Any bat that meets current ASA or ISF Bat Standards may be used. Only ASA bats having the 2000 or 2004 Certification Mark and not on the list of ASA Non-Approved bats with Certification marks will be allowed.
- The Worth Core 47 Red Dot Ball is the official ball of the Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch International Championship and will be used during all tournament games.
- Five-minute infields will be allowed each game, time permitting. The Games Supervisor will notify teams if infields are discontinued.
- Run ahead rule: 10 runs ahead after 3 innings or 7 runs ahead after 5 innings constitutes a win.
- All protests will be handled prior to the next pitch. Protest committee shall consist of the Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Director, Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Games Supervisor and the Scotiabank Canadian Open Fastpitch Futures & Showcase UIC or their assignees. All decisions are final.
- The International Tie-Breaker rule will be used in all games played.
- Tie-Breaker Rule: Starting in the top of the eight inning and each 1/2 inning, thereafter, the offensive team shall begin its turn at bat, with the player who is scheduled to bat last in their respective half inning being placed on second base. The player who is running can be substituted in accordance to substitution rules.
* Rules are subject to change without notice.